Why buy eco-friendly pet products? 3 reasons
At Flamingo pet products, we always put our best paw forward when it comes to a greener planet for both us and our loyal pets. Do you have a green heart for the environment and your pet pal? Then this blog is perfect for you. Here you can read all about our eco-friendly pet products: Flamingo Green. And we also give you plenty of reasons to go green with your pet.
What is a ‘green’ product?
Eco-friendly products have the smallest possible ecological footprint and a minimal negative impact on the environment. Today, most pet products are made of plastic, which is easy to clean and therefore very convenient. However, plastic has a much greater impact on the environment than natural materials.
- Waste reduction
- The efficient use of natural resources
Why eco-friendly products?
- The first reason is quite obvious: it’s simply much better for the environment. Caring for the environment is also caring for ourselves and our dearest pets.
- In addition, our green products are made from sustainable materials. This not only means that the products are better for the environment, they usually also last much longer. Endless enjoyment, and you don’t have to buy the same product again and again. Another positive contribution to a green environment!
- And last but not least, it is a very easy way to contribute to a green environment. Much easier than e.g. buying an electric car or stop eating food wrapped in plastic. Buy a green product once in a while and the environment and your pet will thank you. Easy-peasy, isn’t it!?
Flamingo Green: kind to both your pet and the environment
Interested in doing your bit for the planet? Then Flamingo Green, our eco-friendly product range, is everything you need to warm your green heart.
Flamingo Green is an eco-friendly range launched by Flamingo. Both the products themselves and the packaging are kind to the environment. Yes, down to the smallest detail, even the attachment cords are environmentally-conscious. Perfect when taking care of your loyal companion in an environmentally-friendly way is important to you.
Today the Flamingo Green range consists mainly of eco-friendly toys for your loyal pooch and feline. But we are working hard to continually expand our range. You will regularly see new green products popping up among our new products of the month.
Colour label: natural, recycled or recyclable
GOTS textiles and green materials
- GOTS textiles
Textiles with the GOTS label are used for Flamingo Green. To obtain the GOTS label, a product must meet a number of conditions:
- Canvas – Contains a minimum of 95% organic fibres
- May not be treated with bleaches
- Coloured with non-toxic dyes (or not coloured)
- Produced in a mill that enforces strict social and environmental standards
- Natural rubber from the rubber tree
- Matatabi wood, natural wood with a calming effect